Connectivity Internet, Ethernet, MPLS, Wavelength, Dark Fibre, Tower Attachments
Acronym has been providing network connectivity solutions in Ontario for more than 20 years. Whether your network connectivity goals are to build resilience, increase capacity or improve performance, Acronym can help.
Our network connectivity services can expand your organization’s capacity and reach with solutions that increase performance while reducing risk. We offer a wide selection of scalable, high-performing network connectivity solutions, including:
- Internet with optional DDoS Shield
- Dark Fibre
- Tower Attachments
Learn more by reading our Connectivity Product Summary.
Internet – secure, reliable connectivity
Acronym provides commercial Internet solutions, as well as wholesale Internet solutions. Our Dedicated Internet Access delivers up to 10Gbps of symmetrical, low-latency connectivity delivered via our private fibre-optic network. Dedicated Internet includes unlimited usage, service-level guarantees and connection repairs in 4 hours or under. Combine your Internet with optional DDoS Shield to stop attacks before they reach your network.
Features of our Internet solutions include:
- Dedicated bandwidth: Get the highest levels of availability and reliability with a dedicated connection.
- Network resilience: Acronym’s robust fibre-optic network employs multi-layer, fault-tolerant architecture with diverse path routing to keep your data moving and your business connected in the event of an outage.
- Secure networking: DDoS Shield uses automated cyber threat detection and mitigation technology to monitor for malicious DDoS traffic and block it before it reaches your network.
Ethernet – high speed, low latency, scalable bandwidth
Our Ethernet solutions are engineered to provide high-performance networking, low latency, and built-in resilience — and are targeted toward business-grade traffic with high availability. With Acronym’s Ethernet solutions, you can create a highly secure network that connects your headquarters, data centres, satellite offices and remote employees to the applications they require.
Features of our Ethernet solutions include:
- Scalable performance: Up to 10 Gbps of symmetrical bandwidth delivered via our private fibre-optic network, featuring multiple paths to bypass outages and backed by defined service-level agreements.
- Extensive Coverage: Acronym’s fibre-optic network spans more than 8,700km, providing the secure backbone to keep your business connected.
- Managed Customer Premises Equipment (CPE): We can assist with network design, planning and implementation to ensure that your network is purpose-built to suit your unique business needs.
MPLS – designed for business-grade traffic
With Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS), your business can create a highly secure network that connects your headquarters, data centres, satellite offices and mobile employees. Acronym’s MPLS is a business-grade service that does not use the public Internet and is therefore not subject to the same risks and performance limitations.
Features of our MPLS solutions include:
- Class of Service (CoS) capabilities: Multiple CoS options allow you to prioritize and manage latency-sensitive services such as VoIP, video conferencing and mission-critical applications.
- Managed Routing: Predictable routing is configured and managed by our experts, freeing up your IT resources. In the event of a network outage, our MPLS solutions offer fast network failover and reconvergence to automatically reroute network traffic.
- Secure network traffic with geographical reach: As an MPLS provider, we are distinguished by our private fibre-optic network that provides access to thousands of key fibre-ready access points in Ontario, Quebec and the United States.
Wavelength – high bandwidth and customized routing
Carrier networks, financial institutions, government agencies and technology service providers need to move large data sets quickly and securely. For these businesses, high bandwidth and low latency are hallmarks of optimal network connectivity. Acronym provides Wavelength solutions that can expand your organization’s network capacity and reach with scalable solutions to reliably increase performance while reducing risk.
Features of our Wavelength solutions include:
- Tailored network: We provide network design, planning and implementation to ensure that your network is tailor-made to suit your organization’s needs.
- Custom interface: Network access and connectivity are provisioned with the interfaces you require.
- Highest bandwidth: Acronym’s Wavelength solution provides dedicated bandwidth and speeds of up to 100Gbps to move large amounts of data quickly and securely.
Dark Fibre – dedicated single-tenant service
Dark Fibre connectivity provides the ultimate in performance and scalability for businesses and organizations that require complete control over their network; customers can upgrade the speed of their networks without having to involve the Internet Service Provider. Dark Fibre also provides the highest levels of security, since it is a dedicated single-tenant service and no customer data touches the network provider or any of their customers.
Features of our Dark Fibre solutions include:
- Flexible term commitments: Dark Fibre is available for shorter or longer-term agreements, providing your business with certainty and peace of mind.
- Control over costs: Deploy your own equipment to gain full control over the operation and management of your network.
- Bandwidth scalability: Scale up your network as your bandwidth requirements grow.
Tower Attachments – cost-effective access to utility-grade towers
Acronym offers utility-grade Tower Attachment and colocation options across the province to meet the needs of carriers, service providers and public-sector organizations who want to expand their coverage without the costly investment in infrastructure.
Along with antenna attachments, Acronym offers backhaul, monitoring and colocation solutions to meet the unique network requirements of your business. We will work with you to construct the right solution for your equipment onsite, colocated in our shelter or in your own shelter on our premises.
Features of our Tower Attachment solutions include:
- Antenna attachments: Available on Hydro One’s network of self-supporting steel towers.
- Backhaul options: Fibre-based data connectivity available at many sites.
- Monitoring: Remote battery and door alarming available, monitored by Acronym’s Network Operations Centres.
Learn more by reading our Tower Attachments Product Summary.Back to Solutions
Book a free consultation or join our mailing list.